Saturday, August 22, 2009

The One in which I Introduce the Blog

Hi all,

Many of you will remember me from my days of writing a humor column in the Herald Journal. In those six years, I learned a lot of things, such as the police do not necessarily think it's funny when you refer to them as "baby cops." I also learned that referring to my ex as "husbutt" was, indeed, quite funny, and still is.

The Blog is called "For No Apparent Reason," because, while a few of my musings will be extremely timely and politically intriguing, most of them will be about hair clogs in the drain, or the fact that my teenagers do not wake up unless the house is on fire.

I hope that some of you who used to read my column will read this blog, and I hope that the people who used to send me hate mail (this includes the Police) will never see this.

Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. well i for one think u are absolutely talented on witty writing, even my friends on FB who are not ur friends, enjoy your posts! i did not realize you were a columnist, published & all! i am excited to read more from u via this blog, so blog on & make my day funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world woman! I've added you to my blog list as well: alexandraarcher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly you have me laughing already!! I have added you to my blog page. I can't wait to read more. It hasn't been the same since you stopped writing your column. Nothing very good in there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay i used to love your columns! you rock mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say... It's about time!! Can't wait for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never had much luck calling cops "Baby," either.

    Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great to find and read your Blog, Kelly. I just hope no one ever has reason to refer to me as a "husbutt".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never got a chance to read your column, so I am blad you're back!

    ReplyDelete